Overview of VSI’s 3 Way Ball Valve
Valve Solutions’ 3 way ball valve Series 7300 offers 3-way flow control in either L or T port configurations. The interchangeable end connections allow the use of many different end configurations, even allowing the use of mixed connections on a single valve. The use of a standardized main body means many of the parts are fully interchangeable between models, reducing downtime and eliminating excessive spares inventory. The cost effective Series 7300 offers multi-directional flow control and zero leak shutoff capacity in one valve – effectively eliminating the need for separate shutoff valve.
All Series 7300 3 way ball valves:
- Tested in accordance with ASME B16.34
- Blow-out proof 1-piece ball/stem for maximum safety
- Trunnion mounted ball for low torque and reduced actuation costs
- The gear assembly comes standard with NAMUR mount, allowing the direct mounting of the VSI explosion-proof switch box or other NAMUR mount accessories.
- The heavy duty full cast carbon steel gear assembly transmits the force to the valve efficiently and reliably.
- Standardized ISO 5211 valve bonnet mount allows for the direct installation of a wide range of actuation types.
- Full shock proof carbon steel body features interchangeable flanged or grooved end connections
All Series 7300 3-way ball valves feature a live-loaded stem packing assembly for positive stem sealing. The belleville washers automatically adjust to packing wear and compensate for changes in temperature. All valves feature the primary packing stem seal as well as a secondary o-ring stem seal between the stem and body to guarantee no external leakage.
The ball of the Series 7300 is integrally cast with the stem as one single piece with a lower stub shaft. The assembly is machined as a single whole concentric and polished to a mirror finish. The ball/stem is then supported centrally in the body by large bushings.
Compared to floating ball designs, this reduces operating torque and seat wear to ensure bidirectional bubble-tight sealing throughout the entire life of the valve.
Low Flow Restriction
Compared to functionally similar globe valves, the characteristics of the Series 7300 creates an exceptionally low turbulence design flow path as shown in image above. There are no tortuous flow paths or sharp edges to create turbulence. By nature the design of the valve has a minimal pressure drop to increase system efficiency.